The Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Moratuwa is pleased to announce the commencement of the training programme on “Traditional and Contemporary Machining Processes” and calls for applications from suitable candidates. The course is commencing from March 2023 and will be a 24-hour course. Details of the training programme can be obtained from the below news article or via the programme web page https://uom.lk/mech/courses/shortcourses/traditional_and_contemporary_machining_processes
|Application deadline:||14th March 2023|
|Intake 1:||From March - April 2023|
|Course Title:||Training Programme on Traditional and Contemporary Machining Processes|
|Course Objective:||To provide an introduction and basic hands-on training on using traditional and contemporary machining processes commonly used in industry.|
|Entry requirement:||Degree, diploma, certificate from a recognized technical institute,
Any other qualification acceptable to the selection committee.
|Duration:||8 number of of 3-hour sessions (These sessions will be scheduled within 3 months span)|
|Medium:||Sinhala / English|
|Venue:||Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Moratuwa|
|Group size:||20 participants per intake|
|Course Fee:||Rs. 28,000/= per participant|
|Programme schedule:||Lectures and workshop practicals|
|Commence on:||March 2023|
|Apply before:||14th March 2023|
- Lathe work
- Milling operations
- Drilling/Boring/Reaming operations
- Shaping/Grinding operations
- CNC Part Programming and operations
Required documents for applying
- Duly completed application form
- A scanned copy of the NIC or the Passport
- Scanned copies of relevant academic / technical qualifications
- Letter of consent from your employer
SELECTION IS DONE ON FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS IF THE APPLICANT IS QUALIFIED.
- Application forms can be downloaded from here OR obtained via email by sending an email to lalithad[at]uom.lk. Duly completed application together with the requested documents (scanned to a single PDF file) to be sent to lalithad[at]uom.lk.
- Since the selection is done on first come first served basis if the applicant is qualified, a qualified applicant may not be selected for a particular intake that he/she applied for. However, such applicants will be given the priority in the next intake and they need not to re-apply.
- A selection letter will be emailed to all the selected applicants and no payment should be made until such a letter is received.
DOWNLOAD THE LETTER OF CONSENT FORM
- Mr. Lalith Dayananda
- Workshop Engineer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Moratuwa
- Phone: 011 2650301 (Ext: 4072)
- Mobile: 071 4960151
- Email: lalithad[at]uom.lk
- Dr. Subasinghe LU, PhD (NUS, Singapore)
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Moratuwa
- Phone: 011 2640465
- Email: lihils[at]uom.lk
Published on 14th February 2023