About the Faculty
The Faculty of Architecture is the only University Faculty in Sri Lanka that provides undergraduate and postgraduate studies in the disciplines of Architectural, Quantity Surveying & Planning education.
At present there are more than 2000 Undergraduates and Postgraduate students and the Faculty functions its academic activities with more than 80 academic staff.
The Faculty of Architecture comprises the following 5 academic departments.
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Building Economics
- Department of Town & Country Planning
- Department of Integrated Design
- Department of Facilities Management
The Faculty also has the following divisions and units in addition to the above four departments which provide training and research for the academics and the professionals.
- Undergraduate Studies Division
- Postgraduate Studies Division
- Faculty of Architecture Research Unit (FARU)
- Faculty of Architecture Quality Assurance Cell
The Faculty of Architecture at present offers the following Undergraduate Degree programmes.
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Architecture
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Design
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science in Facilities Management
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science in Town & Country Planning
In addition, the Faculty of Architecture offers the following Postgraduate Degree programmes.
- M.Sc./PG Diploma in Interior Design
- M.Sc. in Landscape Design
- M.Sc. in Architectural Conservation of Monuments and Sites (ACOMAS)
- Master of Urban Design
- M.Sc. in Project Management
- M.Sc./PG Diploma in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution
- M.Sc. in Occupational Safety and Health Management
- M.Sc. in Spatial Planning, Management and Design
The M.Sc (by research), M.Phils. & PhDs. are being conducted by the Postgraduate Studies Division of the Faculty.