The Departments of Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Electrical Engineering of the University of Moratuwa are pleased to announce the commencement of the Postgraduate programme in “Building Services Engineering” for the academic year 2014/2015 and invite applications for admission from suitably qualified candidates. The course is commencing from October 2014 and will be offered in modular form. Details of the course can be obtained from the Departments of Mechanical, Civil and Electrical Engineering or via the internet on these web sites:
The course is designed to provide the fundamental knowledge and the state of the art of engineering sciences in Building Services Engineering, to foster the attainment of research & development targets of the sector and thereby to enhance the skills of the practitioners enabling them to face local & global challenges innovatively & sustainably.
- The Degree of Bachelor of The Science of Engineering of the University of Moratuwa in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering specialty and minimum 1 year experience in the field of Building Services Engineering or
- Any other Engineering degree of at least four year duration from a recognized university in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering specialty and minimum 1 year experience in the field of Building Services Engineering or
- Any other engineering degree of at least three year duration in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering specialty from a recognized university, with minimum of two years experience in the field of Building Services Engineering or
- Any recognized category of membership of a recognized Engineering Professional Institute with at least 3 years of relevant experience as may be approved by the Senate.
PROGRAMME OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip.): 15 Months (part-time)
- Taught courses and laboratory work, assignments, seminars and field visits. All academic work will normally be conducted on: Fridays and Saturdays
Master of Science (MSc): 24 Months (part-time)
- Successful completion of the academic requirements for the Postgraduate Diploma and additional mandatory individual research project leading to a thesis/dissertation meeting the minimum duration condition of the degree
Registration fee : Rs. 2,000/= per year
Examination fee : Rs. 2000/= per year (payable at registration)
Library deposit : Rs. 2500/= per item, up to 6 items (Optional and refundable)
Tuition fee : for M.Sc./PG Diploma: Rs. 250,000/=
Please note that students will be permitted to proceed to the MSc based on the results of examinations during the first year.
Dr. (Mrs) M. M. I. D. Manthilake
Dept of Mechanical Eng., University of Moratuwa