"Our vision is to be a centre of excellence in education, research, and innovation, for the betterment of all beings."
"Our mission is to conduct high-impact research; engage in outreach activities; nurture engineering graduates with creative and innovative design capabilities, essential soft skills, and positive attitudes to become leaders who can provide solutions for evolving technological challenges for the benefit of all beings."
Why Study Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is a discipline that forms the basis for almost all the other Engineering disciplines. This is because core knowledge and competencies provided in Mechanical Engineering are essentially in the common trunk of any branch of Engineering. This is also the discipline of Engineering that is most versatile and the one that is closely linked to most of the day to day demands and needs of the humankind. Mechanical Engineering is undoubtedly accepted as the discipline equipped with the widest spectrum of tools that could provide engineering solutions to most of the challenging problems encountered in fostering the development of the human society in any national context at any given point in time. It also paves the path to reach the goal of developing a very challenging, exciting and a rewarding professional career of a young scientifically and technically curious undergraduate.
Conclusively, Mechanical Engineering encompasses the planning, designing, analysing, testing, manufacturing and continuous development of products and systems that are used in every facet of modern society and thereby inspires young undergraduates who wish to embark on a challenging professional career to contribute to national development and render services to humankind.
Graduates of the Mechanical Engineering programme are distinguished by their; analytical, innovative design, and research skills; ability to adapt to challenging work environments with a positive attitude; acumen to be a part of and lead multidisciplinary teams; and potential to become self-disciplined professionals to understand and develop creative solutions for real-world issues appreciating the sustenance of all beings.
Programme Educational Objectives
The Mechanical Engineering Programme Educational Objectives (PEO) are set to produce graduates who are expected to;
- Emerge as experts and competent professionals introducing innovation and creativity in Mechanical Engineering or allied disciplines such as Mechatronics and Aeronautical Engineering.
- Develop skills to provide leadership as entrepreneurs, policymakers, executives or academics.
- Be socially responsible individuals by adhering to codes of ethics and professional standards.
- Engage proactively with a diverse range of tasks, be able to work in multidisciplinary teams and effectively communicate with a wider audience.
- Continue life-long learning with an unwavering focus on continuous improvement, and professional development through engineering certifications, postgraduate studies, and research.