"Envisaging Cities: Makes Simulation Simplified"
Land Use and Population
- Urban Population Modeling(Funded by SRC, UoM)
- Study on Level of Vegetation Land Fragmentation in Western Province, Sri Lanka(Funded by SRC, UoM)
- A decision-making tool for urban planners: Framework to model the interdependency among Land use, accessibility, density, and surface runoff in urban areas (Funded by SRC, UoM)
- Urban Flood Modeling Application: Assess the Effectiveness of Building Regulation in Coping with Urban Flooding Under Precipitation Uncertainty (Funded by SRC, UoM)
Traffic and Transport
- Analyzing the relationship between the magnitude of the road traffic crashes and road network configuration: A Case of Kegalle, Sri Lanka
- Examining the relationship between Built Environment and the Mode Choice of Travelers: A Case study of Colombo, Sri Lanka
AI and Machine Learning
- Introducing Novel Framework to Develop Road Inventory System by Utilizing Deep Learning Technics
- A deep learning approach to road inventory preparation & 3D urban simulations
Urban Development Authority (UDA); National Building Research Organization (NBRO); Sri Lanka Land Development Corporation(SLLDC); Mahaweli Authority of Sri Lanka; OSGeo Sri Lanka Chapter, National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) Program; Gampaha Municipal Council, Faculty of Technology, University of Sri Jayawardenapura
Osaka City University - Japan; Nagaoka University of Technology - Japan, OSGeo Foundation; OSGeo Sri Lanka, Global Disaster Resilience Centre at the University of Huddersfield, UK; Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur - India; Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, Vienna University of Technology - Austria; Sustainable Places Research Institute, Cardiff University - UK
1. Jayasinghe, A., Madusanka, N.B.S., Abenayake, C., & Mahanama, P. K. S. (2021), A Modeling Fraework: To analyze the Relationship between Accessibility, Land Use and Densities in Urban Areas. Sustainability,13(2),467
2. Kalpana, L. D., Abenayake, C., Jayasinghe, A., Mahanama, P. K., & Sanjaya, N. (2021). A Novel Approach to Measure the Pattern of Urban Agglomeration Based on the Road Network. International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning, 16(2), 251-262.
3. Kalpana, L. D. C. H. N., Jayasinghe, A. B., Abenayake, C. C., & Wijayawardana, P. N. P. (2021). Network Centrality Assessment (NCA): Assessing the Transport Network Resilience to Urban Flooding. Journal of South Asian Logistics and Transport, 1(1).
5. Kalpana, L. D. C. H. N., Jayasinghe, A.B., Abenayake, C. C., & Wijayawardana, P. N. P. (2020). An AlternativeApproach to Assess the Residential Population Resilience to Urban Flooding. FARU Journal, 7.
6. Jayasinghe,A.B., Sathsarana, H. W. A. S., Rathnayake, R.M.Y.L., & N. S. Bandara.(2020). A Novel Method to Model Spatial Distribution of Population. International Journal of InnovativeTechnology and Exploring Engineering, 9(3S).
7. Tenzin, N., Jayasinghe, A., & Abenayake C. (2019). Road Network Centrality based Model to Simulate Population Distribution. Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, 13, 1194-1215.
8. Kalpana, L., Jayasinghe, A., & Abenayake, C. (2019). Accessibility Assessment of Cities Based on NetworkAnalysis and Centrality. Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, 13, 1062-1096.
9. Abenayake, C., Dias, N., Amaratunga, D.,Haigh, R., Wijayawardana, N. P., & Jayasinghe, A. B. (2019). ScenarioAnalysis for Flood Resilient Built Form-Case of Colombo Sri Lanka. 10th InternationalConference on Structural Engineering and Construction Management (ICSECM).153-161.
10. Jayasinghe, A., Tenzin, N. Y.,Abenayake, C. C., & Mahanama, P. K. S. (2019). Simulation of PopulationGrowth and Distribution based on Centrality of Road Network. InternationalJournal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. 8(10S). 389-393.
11. Jaysinghe, A., De Silva, C. K.,Kasemsri, R., & Sano, K. (2019) Network Centrality Analysis of PublicTransport Systems: Developing a Strategic Planning Tool to Assess PassengerAttraction. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. 8(10S), 472-476.