This programme is designed for construction industry practitioners to train in preparation of BOQs for Building Works, while adopting a standard approach. The programme is conducted by a team of highly qualified university lecturers. This is a weekend (part-time) fee levying programme. The objective is to enable qualified practitioners to participate in a programme leading to the award of the University's Certificate in preparation of BOQs for Building Works.
The short course is structured in such a way as to encourage independence in student learning and the integration of diverse material. The programme continues to adopt a variety of teaching, learning and assessment methods such as lectures, end of the course examinations and assignments.
Short Course on Preparation of BOQs for Building Works is a 24 Hours part-time programme spread through six (06) Saturday afternoons, where each day offers four (04) hours of learning activities.
- A minimum of 80% attendance at lectures and other academic activities is generally required
- The performance of each participant will be evaluated by continuous assessment (CA) and written examination (WE)
- CA component normally carries a weightage of not less than 30% and not more than 60% of the total marks
- To pass the short courses, the participants should obtain minimum marks (40%) in each component
- Participants will normally not be permitted to repeat the assessments or examination
- Award of Grades:
|75 to 100||Distinction Pass|
|60 to 74||Credit Pass|
|45 to 59||Pass|
|0 to 44||Fail|
24 Hours (4Hrs/Week x 6 Weeks) – on Saturday Afternoon
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
Medium of instruction is English.
- Introduction to Bill of Quantities and Common Standard Methods of Measurement related to Building Works
- Building Works Measurement Principles
- Building Works Taking Off Principles
- Taking Off – Foundations, Walls, Roofs, Doors and Windows, Finishes, Concrete Framed Structures, Steel Framed Structures and External Works
- Preparation of BOQ
Candidates applying for the Short Course on Preparation of BOQs for Building Works should have one of the following eligibility requirements:
Degree in the field of construction/built environment or
GCE A-level and recognised certification in Quantity Surveying equivalent to NCT or above with 1 year related experience or
GCE A-level and recognised certification in the field of construction / built environment equivalent to NCT or above with 2 years related experience
The recognition of the above qualifications shall be judged by the Faculty and approved by the senate
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications for the Short Course on Preparation of BOQs for Building Works will be available in due course.
The Course fee is Rs. 30,000/-.
Any inquiries should be forwarded to Dr. (Mrs.) Anuradha Waidyasekara, the programme-coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. (Mrs.) Anuradha Waidyasekara
Short Course on Preparation of BOQs for Building Works
Department of Building Economics
University of Moratuwa
Tel: +94-1-2650301 (Ext: 7200 or 7219) or +94-1-2650738