Unit operations are the basic physical operations of Chemical Engineering. The Unit Operations Laboratory of the department is well-equipped to conduct both laboratory-scale and pilot-scale experiments, allowing students to gain hands-on experience with the fundamental principles and practical applications of chemical engineering.
Lab in charge: Dr. (Mrs.) RMDS Gunarathna
Technical officers: Mr. H.P. Mahendra
Mr. BARD Abeywardana
Lab Attendant: Mr. Viranga Somarathna
- Apparatus for determination of Heat loss from Bare and Lagged Pipes.
- Multi-effect evaporator.
- Continuous Crystallizing System.
- Filter Press Apparatus.
- Centrifugal Pump.
- Reverse flow Cyclone separator.
- Canning Pouch Retort.
- Packed Bed and Fluidized Bed Chamber.
- Bubble Cap- Simulation tray.