The objective of this results area is to develop a culture of research and development, innovation and commercialization (RDIC) in universities.
The Program will develop a system for multi-year, competitively funded research and innovation programs. There will be two types of RDIC programs: (a) development-oriented research (DOR) programs; and (b) research and innovation commercialization (RIC) programs.
The following proposals submitted by the research teams headed by academics of University of Moratuwa are eligible to receive funds under Research and Innovation Commercialization (RIC) STEM and STEM/HEMS projects of AHEAD operation.
- Project Hornet : Commercialization of a High-Performance VToL Drone for the Global Market headed by Prof. S. R. Munasignhe from Faculty of Engineering, Department of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (STEM).
- Multi Disciplinary Transport Development Project headed by Prof. J.M.S.J. Bandara from Faculty of Engineering (Combination of Department of Civil Engineering, Department of Computer Science Engineering and Department of Mechanical Engineering (STEM).
- Hydrogel based footwear solutions for diabetic patients headed by Dr. Pujitha Silva from Faculty of Engineering ( Combination of Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Chemical and Process Engineering and Faculty of Applied Science, University of Sri Jayewaedenepura) (STEM).
- Development of a Machine Vision based Fabric Quality Inspection System headed by Dr. Sulochana Jayashamalee Sooriyaarachchi from Faculty of Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Engineering (STEM).
- Trilingual Translation System headed by Prof. Gihan Dias from Faculty of Engineering (Combination of Department of Computer Science Engineering, University of Colombo and University of Kelaniya ) (STEM / HEMS).
- Multipurpose, energy harvesting and human limb muscles performance evaluating exercise equipment by Dr. R. Wijesiriwardana of Faculty of Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering.
- Development of an Intelligent Camera with Real-Time Video Analytics System by Dr. B. K. Ranga P. Rodrigo from Faculty of Engineering, Department of Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering.
The following proposals submitted by the research teams headed by academics of University of Moratuwa are eligible to receive funds under Development Oriented Research (DOR) of AHEAD operation.
1. Potential of Rare Earth Elements (REE) in Sri Lankan Onshore and Offshore Terrains and Development of Extraction Techniques headed by Prof. N.P. Ratnayake and Coordinated by Dr. A.M.K.B. Abeysinghe from Faculty of Engineering, Department of Earth Resources Engineering.
2. An Analytical Framework for Digital Social Media in Sri Lanka Coordinated by Dr. Lochandaka Ranathunga from Faculty of Information Technology, Department of Information Technology.
3. Assessing Urban Comfort, Safety and Security of Public Realm for Sustainable Urbanization in Sri Lanka by Dr. K.W.J.P. Wijesundara from Faculty of Architecture, Department of Architecture.
4. Data Driven Transport Analytics by Dr. H.M.C.D. Chitraranjan from Faculty of Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
5. Design and Development of Micro/Nano Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS/NEMS) Based Lab-on-a-Chip (LoC) Devices for Future Bio-medical Applications
University-Business Linkage (UBL) offices
The UBL offices will assist university academics in increasing collaboration with professional expertise in technology transfer and business model development, establishing open innovation spaces and business incubators, and enabling academics and students to obtain professional business advice and training.
UBL Cell Director - Prof. S.R. Munasinghe
University Business Linkage Cell
Technical License Office
University of Moratuwa
Tel : +94(0)112640051 Ext 1886 or 3309