The Government of Sri Lanka has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Accelerating Higher Education Expansion and Development (AHEAD) Operation and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
The Director, Operations Technical Secretariat, AHEAD Project University of Moratuwa now invites eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested individuals must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
The services include;
This non-consultant agrees to provide a dataset accordance with the mentioned key tasks in the following description given by the project on An Analytical Framework for Digital Social Media in Sri Lanka which is under Accelerating Higher Education Expansion and Development (AHEAD) operation.
The main duties and responsibilities of the non-Consultancy service will be to:
Preparation a Dataset from Public Twitter Data.
- Extract Sinhala and singlish Text posts, Image posts, and Video thumbnail posts.
- Provide a number of reactions (Like), number of Retweets, Quote Tweets, and comments for each post.
- Provide the original post ID for each post
- Extract comments (at least 5) of each post and number of comment reactions (Like)
- Extract comment replies and the number of reply reactions (Like).
- Provide timestamps of each post and comment.
- Provide demographic data (age, gender, location, ethnicity (if available)) of the post publisher
- Provide data in JSON format.
- Annotate the data according to their category and severity level of hateful content (definition will be given by the research team)
- Should be able to provide about 15,000 labelled twitter post items in total as above.
- Encouraged to maintain diversity of annotators
- Package the entire dataset according to the data dissemination standard provided by the research team.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
A non-consultancy service provider will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Government of Sri Lanka’s Guidelines on Selection and Employment of Consultants-2007.
Interested non-consultancy service providers may obtain further information and specifications at the address below during office hours from 8.30am – 4.00pm.
Expressions of interest must be delivered or sent through registered post along with a CV in a sealed envelope to the address below, on or before 3.00 pm on 08th December 2020. The phrase “Non Consultancy to Prepare Social Media related Data AHEAD/RA3/DOR/MRT/IT/NCON/03)” should be marked on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
Deputy Director- Procurement,
Operations Technical Secretariat,
First Floor, FGS Building,
Tel: 011-2640051 Extension & 1892