Accelerating Higher Education Expansion and Development (AHEAD) Operation
University of Moratuwa
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(Consultant for Industrial Training Division of Faculty of Business AHEAD/RA2/ELTALESE/UNI/FAC/CON/02)
The Government of Sri Lanka has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Accelerating Higher Education Expansion and Development (AHEAD) Operation and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services. The services include;
- Defining and establishing procedures and processes for Industrial Training Division.
- Preparation of relevant documentation and formats for the Industrial Training Division.
- Training the staff of Industrial Training Division.
- Establishing faculty and industry link for employability, internship and projects.
- Providing guidance on Industry Forums/ FICB.
- Consultancy on monitoring and evaluation processes of the Industrial Training Division
The duration of the service is for 2.5 years from the date of signing the contract.
The Director, Operations Technical Secretariat, AHEAD Project on behalf of the Faculty of Business, University of Moratuwa now invites eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested individuals must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- At least ten years of managerial experience in the corporate sector in Human Resource and Talent Acquisition Function.
- Suitable graduate and/or post graduate qualifications. (Person with a MBA is preferred.)
- Suitable professional qualification in Human Resource Management is preferred.
- Candidates with prior experience in Training and HRM consultancy will be given priority.
Required Professional Competencies:
- Ability to lead and manage Industry Training Division.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate implementation of processes and procedures
- Ability to analyze and resolve implementation issues effectively
- Ability to interact with senior academic and administrative staff in the university and industry personnel.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members.
- Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations.
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Government of Sri Lanka’s Guidelines on Selection and Employment of Consultants-2007.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8.30am – 4.00pm.
Expressions of interest must be delivered along with the CV to the address below by 03rd January 2020.
Deputy Director- Procurement,
Operations Technical Secretariat,
First Floor, FGS Building,
Tel: 011-2640051 Extension 1621 & 1892