The following fees are applicable to all postgraduate research degree candidates who commence their program on or after 1stJanuary 2019.
|Application fee||:||Rs. 500|
|Annual Registration Fee||:||Rs 1,000 per year|
|Examination Fee||:||Rs 1,000 per examination|
|Re-examination Fee||:||Rs 1,000 per examination or part thereof|
|Tuition Fees for normal duration||:||Rs 100,000 per year|
|Tuition Fees for excess period||:||Annual tuition fee pro-rated based on the excess duration beyond the normal duration|
|Transfer fee (where a transfer examination is required)||:||Rs. 7000|
|Course module fees||:||Rs. 7500 per 2-credit module|
The following differential fees are applicable to foreign students who commence their program on or after 1stJanuary 2019.
|Differential fee for normal duration||:||US$ 3,000 per year|
|Differential fee for excess period||:||Annual differential tuition fee pro-rated based on the excess duration beyond the normal duration.|
|Differential transfer fee||:||US$ 100|
|Differential fee for course modules||:||US$ 225 per 2-credit module|
Library Deposit Candidates are required to obtain library membership, which includes the following refundable deposits:
|Normal Deposit||:||Rs 15,000 for 6 books|
|Reduced Normal Deposit||:||Rs. 2,500.00 per book, for up to 6 books|
The Universities are expected to generate funds for conducting Postgraduate Courses and Research Degrees.
Allowance through funded projects: Students who register while working on funded research projects are usually paid an allowance during the period of their studies. Postgraduate research studies could be funded by:
- Staff obtaining research grants from the University by applying to the Senate Research Committee, (Senate Research Grant-SRG) which administrators the University Research Fund. These grants could be used for purchase of capital and consumable items as well as payments for research scholars (or registered PG students), based on an approved budget. Senior staff could send proposals for the SRG annually when called for.
- Staff obtaining external research grants from organisations such as University Grants Commission, National Science Foundation, National Research Council and so on.
- Collaborative research projects with foreign Universities, obtaining funds through foreign funding agencies.
- Industry related research projects, where the industry provides funds to conduct research.
- In addition, a part of the tuition fees charged for research degrees may be used by the respective departments towards the research expenses.
- Students should inquire availability of such funds from the respective departments.
Waivers: Certain fee waivers for MPhil and PhD students are considered at the University and student could make a request for consideration of these after 6 months of registration. Generally, 80% fee waiver is recommended by the University to permanent academic staff members. The Faculty of Architecture would consider 50 % fee waiver to temporary academic staff attached to the Faculty, who possess a second upper or a first class in the first degree.
Specific Funds: In addition to above, from time to time, particularly for PhD research studies, funds are available such as for buying equipments, attending conferences and so on. Students should inquire availability of such funds from the PGS division.
Generate income through teaching: In addition, full-time candidates are allowed to undertake teaching duties up to 8 hours per week with the permission of Supervisors and the Head of the Department.