Our vision is to establish an interdisciplinary and collaborative platform to undertake education and research on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
- To conduct research and disseminate knowledge related to Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) that makes an impact within the Sri Lankan and global context
- To provide strategic input and practical guidance to policy makers and disaster management practitioners
- To promote multi-disciplinary collaboration for DRR research, teaching, training and development within the national, and international context
- To develop and promote CPD and Postgraduate programmes for the disaster management
- To develop and assist Undergraduate and Postgraduate Research community researching on DRR related research within the university and in Sri Lanka