The department undertakes consultancy assignments for industry wherein the academic specialisation of the department and its staff are utilized as key inputs while students and other resources are used for the execution of such assignments. Consultancies can range from simple data collection and reporting tasks to feasibility studies. Inquires for such assignments could be directed to the Head of Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a relevant staff member whose expertise is required.
The university has handled a number of projects in the transport and logistics sector. These include both private and state sector organizations as well as for international agencies.
Typical projects handled by academic staff in the department include :
- Transport feasibility studies
- Public Transport planning and operational studies
- Time Tabling and scheduling studies
- Performance Indicators in Transport & Logistics operations
- Transport planning in towns
- Management Information Systems for Transport Operations
- Vehicle utilization studies
- Transport Surveys and analysis