This programme is specially designed for graduates in the managerial level who wish to build and advance their careers in the most fast-changing and challenging field of financial sector.
• To introduce participants to the new financial world with options, forward, derivative markets.
• To fulfill the financial concept knowledge gap of science and engineering graduates.
• To fulfill the statistical/ mathematical knowledge gap of the other graduates.
• To give the application knowledge of decision making using statistical/ mathematical theory in the field of finance.
All lectures, practical sessions, presentations, seminars and examinations will be conducted on Saturdays and Sundays.This is a two year part-time degree programme. A candidate is eligible for the award of the Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Mathematics on successful completion of the two semester programme. The Master of Science degree requires the completion of the research project during the second year.
• Introduction to Statistics
• Financial Mathematics Techniques
• Operational Research Techniques I and II
• Corporate Finance
• Actuarial Statistics
• Financial Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
• Economics for Finance
Our team won the first place in the Financial Analyst Competition, 2009 in Sri Lanka. The team participated in Asia Pacific regional finalround of Financial Analyst Competition 2009, in the Philippines
An Honours Bachelor’s Degree of the University of Moratuwa;
Any other relevant special degree approved by the Senate;
The degree of the bachelor of science of a university with mathematics, statistics or computer science as core subjects, with a minimum of one year of experience, as approved by the
The professional membership of a professional institution in a relevant fi eld and a minimum of one year of experience after obtaining a such membership approved by the Senate.
Mr TMJA Cooray
Tel : +94112650301
Email : email@example.com,