Thank you for your interest in considering a postgraduate research degree program at the University of Moratuwa.
This is an open call for Expression of Interest (EoI) in applying for a postgraduate research degree program and is not an application. It will serve as a preliminary screening process where the University will be able to identify prospective candidates for suitability.
If you submit an EoI, it will be forwarded to the relevant Department who will contact you for further discussions if your profile matches with available research opportunities.
You may submit an EoI at any time of the year. EoIs will be processed four times per year as follows:
- 31st December
- 31st March
- 30th June
- 30th September
Your submission will be considered at the next available deadline as listed above.
For further information please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Moratuwa offers the following research degree programs:
- Master of Science (with a major component of research), a one-year, full time (or two-year part-time) program - MSc.
- Master of Philosophy, a two-year, full-time (or three-year, part-time) program - MPhil
- Doctor of Philosophy, a three-year, full-time (or four-year part-time) program - Ph.D.
You may choose to carry out your research within any of the twelve (12) Departments of the Faculty of Engineering, four (4) Departments of the Faculty of Architecture, three (3) Departments of the Faculty of Information Technology, or three (3) Departments of the Faculty of Business.
Before you submit an EoI for a research degree program at the University of Moratuwa you are advised to review the following relevant information:
- Extracts from the Postgraduate Students’ Handbook for basic information on research degree programs
- Some available research areas are listed here
- For more options use the University of Moratuwa Directory of Research for potential research areas and Supervisors
- For in addition, you may browse the UoM website.
Submitting your EoI
If you have chosen a few potential research areas, and preferably supervisors, you may go on to complete the online EoI.
The following supporting documents will be required
- A 1-2 page CV
- Scanned academic transcript(s) that establish your eligibility
- Scanned certificates of any professional qualifications that you have indicated in your EoI
You may save and exit the online EoI at any time. If you do so, you will be assigned an EoI Reference Number, which you can use to recommence your EoI at a later time.
EoIs may be submitted at any time.
Go to online EoI